Wednesday, December 08, 2004

First BLOG Entry

Well i thought long and hard about this but i decided to create my own personal BLOG. I was inspired by the blog in use by Alacra's Steve Goldstein which i have to say is a good resource for those in the financial worlds content industry. At the moment i am working in the City of London for GTCi Brokers which has been an exciting project which has involved a lot of project management, microsoft windows RDP thin client technology and SUSE Linux.

I think my first post must be to try and convince people that Europe must be software patent free, see this link for more details ;

http://petition.eurolinux.org

I dont think the proposed software patents will enhance the IT industry as a whole and possibly throw development and innovation into chaos. I am an IT consultant and use Unix / Linux / Microsoft products on a daily basis and i am not just jumping on the open source bandwagon here, i feel that this whole situation will lead to a loophole matrix of laws throughout Europe and even create a whole new legal industry.......

No comments: