Monday, April 17, 2006

Groove on Google

I was granted access to the recently released google pages creator, as my first effort using the new service from google, I very quickly created a home page for myself http://tonycossey.googlepages.com. The browser based software was slick and extremely easy to use and produced a nice result – which can be seen on the previous url mentioned. I tried the google software on XP with IE and with Linux on firefox, the firefox browser seemed to stall when clicking around the facilities like linking pages and inserting external urls but was flawless (so far) on IE. The whole process of page creation was simplified and its use anywhere nature makes it an excellent tool. The service was whole lot more integrated and WYSIWYG than blogger.com blog editing interface that I use on a regular basis. I have not yet tried the software on the powerbook/OSX/safari combination that I am using for this post. I am not entirely happy with the content on the new home page but that is something I will sharpen up in the coming days, the new page is a handy place to link to my blogs and use in my private email signature.

No comments: