Friday, April 03, 2009

Swift Direction Change

Change of Directions are a hard thing to deal with, look at formula 1 cars or politicians as an example, F1 teams spend millions perfecting mechanical grip and aerodynamics to change their cars direction, politicians can NEVER change direction once they announce a policy or train of thought. I recently changed my career path after falling victim to the credit crunch, I worked for a very successful futures and options exchange who were forced to let staff go in the dismal economic climate. Once cast into the abyss of the job market I found it very tough to find opportunities however I struck lucky and found similar job at a telecoms company in London within weeks. The culture change, location change and sector change has lead to an interesting transition, I am enjoying my new position, however managing projects can be made into a smooth transition when moving companies as you can stick to tried and trusted methodologies to be successful, utilising standards such as Prince2.

However I have struggled with several aspects of the transition, the new hours, the new processes and procedures and of course learning the way the new people I have met operate. In fact all this change to cope with has resulted in not so much blogging, partaking less in my hobbies like Online Poker and an un-natural interest in Scooters, an item which I could use to reduce my travel hassles, change one aspect of your life and this seems to spurn changes to all the other aspects as well. Things are returning to normal but in the current economic turmoil who knows what change are around the corner.

No comments: